Number of Positions
BFBS, the Forces Station, is looking for new talent to fill future roles as a Presenter/Producer on our stations throughout the UK and across the World.
You’ll be working in a unique environment, producing compelling content for an Armed Forces audience and being given the creative freedom to do so. If you want to sit there saying that was, this is…it’s probably not the job for you.
However, if you have at least two years presenting experience, are comfortable switching between short form entertainment and longer speech content, whilst making sure the music and social media are a vital part of your show, you might be who we’re looking for.
If you’re also resourceful, creative, innovative, flexible, reliable and up for seeing a bit of the World in a job you love, what are you waiting for?
You WILL be going overseas, so please only apply if that works for your personal situation.
Apply now by sending a your CV and an MP3 demo of no more than 3 minutes, showing the full range of required skills to Simon Monk, Deputy Director - Radio & Events, send it to [email protected].
Please also include a covering letter telling us why you are the right person for this role and detail your salary expectations too.
If you have any questions or require more clarity about the role and what to expect, feel free to contact [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 6th August 2021.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Presenter/Producer
Presentation and production of BFBS Radio sequence programmes and other audio and digital content
Presenting radio programmes on a BFBS station in the UK or Overseas
Self producing radio programmes on a BFBS station in the UK or Overseas
Identifying and providing content for programmes and, where appropriate, News
Conducting interviews for use on your show and across the Network of stations
Producing speech/audio features (including packages, reports, interviews and documentaries)
Recording RVT’d programmes for the BFBS Brand Extension stations when required and when time allows
Active use of digital and social media platforms
Attending training events and courses to improve skills in audio, social media and any other related content
Conducting radio station administration duties where required
Attending events, OBs and being an ambassador for BFBS Radio
Undertaking reasonable tasks as directed line manager(s)
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Presenter/Producer
- Recent radio presentation experience in a live ‘self-op’ environment
- Production & multi-track editing skills, including features, packages & reports
- Good research and interviewing skills
- Experience of voice tracking
- Good standard of general education
Skills & Aptitudes
- Excellent radio presentation, production, editing, interviewing and writing skills
- Good broadcasting voice
- Ability to identify and produce the most suitable content for identified British Forces audiences
- Ability to collaborate within creative environments
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition and other editing, play-out and scheduling software
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of the use of social media and other digital initiatives within the broadcast environment
- Knowledge of the British Forces community in the UK and overseas
- Excellent knowledge of popular music across all genres
- Knowledge of Ofcom regulations/media law
- Team player
- Common Sense
- High professional standards
- Demonstrates initiative
- Confident, proactive, organised and enthusiastic
- Prepared to undergo security check, and sign the Official Secrets Act
- Prepared to live in military communities, including unaccompanied Mess accommodation
- Full driving licence
- Mobility clause in contract
- Willingness to undertake a full company medical prior to posting
- Willingness to deploy at short notice to meet the needs of the business
- Willing to deploy to challenging locations and, with further training, to consider voluntary posting to hostile environments